Kim is a certified Prepare/Enrich Counselor and uses their 156 questionnaire to help pre-marital couples identify their strengths and weaknesses in the relationship and structure sessions to help them prepare for marriage.
Kim loves to work with engaged or pre-engaged couples. She uses tools to help couples identify values that are similar and areas of differences. Where areas of difference exist, Kim will work through the origins of those differences and identify how that can affect the relationship and help you identify how to communicate and navigate through the differences resulting in a strong bond and marriage.
Pre-Marriage Counseling will help you:
- Discuss difficult issues in front a neutral party, to help resolve them.
- Gain the skills to continually deepen your bond.
- Learn conflict resolution skills for dealing with hot button issues.
- Reduce your risk of divorce. A 2006 study by Markham, Stanley and Amato, noted couples who had pre-marital counseling were 31% less likely to get divorced.
- Ensure you will have a healthy relationship by establishing guidelines to handle conflict.